Here are the thing that have helped me stay sober:
- I hit bottom (although it can always be worse)
- A good friend and I (and our Higher Power) started a weekly meeting in our cars, and then we moved to a real place
- I have done service for the programme
- I have made friends with other sexaholics
- I have worked the Steps with a sponsor!! Step Four and Five have had a huge positive impact on my level of lusting.
- When lust knocks at the door, I try to keep cool and keep on living my life like I'm supposed to live. I keep it simple: I do the washing up, I finish my work, etc
- I take quality time with the people I love. I re-started playing the piano and buying records, which I had stopped doing because lust had me VERY busy.
- I try to watch out for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear, whenever they pop up (and they often do)
But mostly: I thank every one of you for being part of this wonderful fellowship. That is what works most for me today.