To select, book and coordinate an SA speaker to provide one or more workshops, at one or more venues in Europe or the Middle-East, each year.
- Selecting an SA speaker with long-term sobriety, a strong message and workshop skills
- Coordinating with S-Anon, if they wish to participate, so that they can select their own speaker.
- Agreeing a schedule of workshops and venues
- Obtaining bids to host a workshop from member Intergroups and putting these to the RA for selection
- Coordinating arrival and departure dates with a contact person at each venue
- Coordinating, booking, or helping to book, all intercontinental and international flights of the speaker
- Helping host Intergroups to understand their responsibility for
- organising their own workshop weekend
- accommodating the speaker while in their country
- pay a pre-agreed fee per participant to EMER
- Arranging for EMER's treasurer to reimburse the speaker's flight costs
- Ensuring that the host Intergroups pay the agreed fees to EMER's treasurer.
- Investigating the possibilities of a longer stay
Committee Documents (Only members explicitly granted permission can access)