Europe & Middle East Region
“Just as groups in a local area come together in an Intergroup to serve their area, so Intergroups come together to serve their Region and SA on the national and international level where the numbers of Intergroups warrant a Regional Assembly.” (SA Service Manual, p 18).
The Europe and Middle East Region (EMER) of Sexaholics Anonymous (SA) was formed on 8th December 2011 by the vote of five SA Intergroups - in Flanders (Belgium), Ireland, Israel, Netherlands and UK. Six more - Finland, Francophonia (Be/Fr/Lux), Poland, Russia, Slovakia and Spain - have since joined and one (Israel) has left to form a Region of its own. We now join together as a Regional Assembly of ten Intergroup Representatives (IGRs), five General Assembly Delegates and four Regional Officers.
Sexaholics Anonymous’s primary purpose is to carry the message to the sexaholic who still suffers. Our Regional Assembly has the same purpose and pursues this by:
- Facilitating contact between members and fostering SA unity in the Region and internationally.
- Communicating information between Intergroups and SA as a whole.
- Sharing resources among Intergroups and improving public information.
- Sponsoring regional conventions, workshops, study material, etc.
- Discussing matters affecting the Region and SA as a whole.
- Electing General Assembly Delegates to represent the region at the General Delegate Assembly (GDA) and bringing motions to the GDA, as required.
Representation & Funding
Today, EMER supports about 280 Sexaholics Anonymous (SA) groups and can provide up to five Delegates for SA's annual General Delegate Assembly in the USA. EMER is funded by donations from its member Intergroups and passes these funds on to SAICO, after covering its own essential expenditure. EMER’s main expenditure is travel for its six officers to the annual Regional Assembly and for its five Delegates to the General Delegate Assembly.
EMER holds quarterly teleconferences at 19.00 GMT on the first Mondays of March, June, September and December. It also holds an annual face to face Regional Assembly (RA). The next such RA will be held in Ireland in Spring 2018 in conjunction with a Regional Convention. All SA members are welcome to attend these events.