This Open Meeting Format is occasionally used at Conventions where both SA and S-Anon are present.
Duration: 60-90 minutes plus time for fellowship before or after, if possible.
S-Anon chair opens the meeting
- leads the Serenity Prayer
- reads a general welcome
- announces the location of restrooms, identifies literature & snack tables
- reads any other housekeeping info (“room closes at XXpm”)
S-Anon chair announces “A series of readings by members of both SA and S-Anon” and introduces each reader (“I’d like to ask ___ to come up and read __”)
- an S-Anon reads The S-Anon Welcome
- an SA reads "The SA Purpose"
- an SA reads "The 12 Steps of Sexaholics Anonymous"
- an S-Anon reads “The 12 Traditions of S-Anon”
- an SA reads “What is a Sexaholic and What is Sobriety”
- an SA reads “The SA Problem”
- an S-Anon reads ”The S-Anon Problem”
- an SA reads “The SA Solution”
- an S-Anon reads “The S-Anon Keys to Recovery”
- an S-Anon reads “The S-Anon Anonymity Reminder”
First Speaker (speakers’ choice - can be SA or S-Anon first)
A friend or sponsor of the speaker introduces the first speaker, who then speaks for 20-30 minutes (someone should be timer)
SA chairperson announces the 7th Tradition
Any SA and Any S-Anon pass baskets
A friend or sponsor of the speaker introduces the second speaker, who then speaks of 20-30 minutes (someone should be timer)
- identifies and explains literature tables
- asks for and identifies any volunteer temporary sponsors (SA & S-Anon)
- announces other upcoming fellowship approved events
- thanks everyone for coming
- asks for volunteers to stay and help clean up
- introduces any SA to read “A Vision for You”
- introduces any S-Anon to read “Gifts of the S-Anon Programme”
- closes with any prayer acceptable to both fellowships (default = Serenity Prayer)